Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Make a Tiara in 3 easy steps!


The Martha Stewart in me was running rampant today, so I decided to blog about a custom piece I made for a dear friend.

Not very often do I get a crazy request to make something purely for costume ornament. So when I do, I try to have as much fun as possible! This piece was inspired by a dear friend in a dance troupe from CO called the Fly Girl Movement. They do many live costumed performances with Dubstep DJ's, and are quite a site to see!

After a few emails and conversations to establish the "look" she was trying to achieve, I quickly hit the studio and cranked out what I could with the current studio I have. I documented the process and decided to share it with you!



1) Sketches - It takes some work, but when you get a feel for what you would like to see, it's time to make it 3-D!


2) Build and Assemble- Like a soldering mad-man, I began to use the powers of Alchemy that only a metalsmithing nerd would claim to have.

3) Voila! Finished piece- in true Martha Stewart fashion, you get to see a 5 hour process in less than 30-seconds.

~Wendybird

Also, be sure to check out our new feather steez available on our Etsy shop! --> MetalWendler

No comments:

Post a Comment